Decking stains as well as decking oils in perth have a larger range of natural wood shades and tones. Wooden stains are used to change the natural colour and shade of decking boards. Only one coating of it is applied on the decking board to give it a new look by leaving a plastic or furnish like layer on the wood.
Although both decking stains and oils are used to enhance the colour of decking wood, yet the decking oil gives finishing and enhances the colour which is closer to natural. It also adds some colour to the wooden planks, yet the colour is not too glossy or it does not change the appearance of the decking boards
Decking oils are available in natural as well as colour formulation. Unlike decking stains, which leaves a plastic layer, decking oils gets absorbed in the surface and also guards the wooden decking. The high concentration of oil and wax makes it resistant to water and filth and render fine look.
Advantages of decking oil
- Decking oil provided remarkable coverage. It offers coverage within the range of 8 to 12 square metres per Litre. Some decking oils have the capacity to even cover 24 square meters per Litre.
- The decking oil is rainproof as well as resistant to UV rays as well. Most of the oils provide resistance to UV damage. Dark colour oils are better in protecting against UV rays.
- Decking oils not only furnish the wood but also protect it from getting cracked, split.
- They are easy to clean. One can easily apply it as well.
- Decking oils do not come off. They also do not peel off neither does blister appear on the surface of the wood.
- When well maintained, it helps protect decked parts from algae.
- They are less slippery and have some friction.
- For exotic hardwood decking like Iroko, Balau, Teak, and Cumaru, decking oil does not prove suitable.
- One cannot do a coating of decking stain over decking oil unless it completely comes off
- The final colour of the decking oil on a decking board may not match the colour shown on the tin
- Decking oils which are water based are not compatible with decking oils which are solvent-based.
Decking stains is more of a varnish and is available in different colours.
- Their coverage is better and come in large variety of colours
- They dry off quickly. Moreover, they are shower proof. One can easily walk on it after few hours
- They don’t let algae to settle on decks
- It reduces wood grains due to pigmentation between surface and the timber
- It needs to be removed completely if the decking board needs other coating
- It is hard to apply on the decking boards that were previously oiled